Ladies, let’s talk about how to look more feminine in the face! Yup, not just looking pretty but looking womanly with facial features!
This topic is quite intriguing to me and I’ve done some research regarding this topic.
It’s surprising to know there are countless factors that determine how feminine our face is going to look.
Despite the bone structures that we can’t change, we can always look more womanly with our faces with some makeup tips and tricks!
If you are ready, here are 6 tips on how to look more feminine in the face. Stay tuned for the last tip (or tool!) – especially for the single ladies out there.
By the way, stay till the end (after the conclusion) if you want to download free printables! Regardless of your relationship status, I’m sure that will be helpful!
1. OPT FOR THINNER ARCHED EYEBROWS
Feminine eyebrows 101: Knowing the eyebrow shape difference between men and women.
From HuffPost, the article has stated that eyebrows have been getting ‘More Masculine’ for The Past 60 years.
So while getting a thick eyebrow can be trendy, more importantly, is to be clear about the final look you want to achieve.
If the goal is to look feminine, a pair of delicate, soft-angled eyebrows can boost the feminine vibes tenfolds.
So, here are some of the simple ways to achieve a pair of feminine eyebrows.
- Trim your eyebrows regularly
- Use a white eyeliner pencil or any highlighter to highlight the arches of your eyebrows
- Create softer eyebrows look by using eyebrow powder instead of eyebrow pencils so as to avoid sharp lines
- Dark brown is always better than black (just my personal opinion)
- Dye your eyebrows for a more gentle look
These are the rules in general but always work according to your own face!
If you have a prominent nose or black hair, dark eyebrows will suit you more as this can give the whole face a more united look.
Another example from the gorgeous model Natalia Castellar shows you how the thickness and shape of the eyebrow can affect the vibes.
With natural eyebrows:
With thick dark eyebrows:
I actually think Natalia handled this eyebrow well because she has a relatively feminine jawline and eyes. So things just balance off.
However, if you already have masculine facial features, embracing the extra thick eyebrow may not be a good idea.
So ladies, feel free to figure out what type of eyebrows suit you the best and find the sweet spot!
2. EXAGGERATING THE EYE FEATURES
If I can only do makeup on just one feature, doubtlessly I will do my eyes!
When it comes to eye makeup products, have you realized that they all try to exaggerate your eye’s features like cartoon eyes?
The eyeliner, the eyelashes curler, and the glittering eyeshadows all help you to draw people’s attention to your eyes.
So yes, eye makeup is really effective to make your face look feminine instantly!
Here are some basic ways to do it:
- Curl your eyelashes and apply an appropriate amount of mascara (Please don’t overdo it)
- Apply a small amount of mascara on the lower eyelashes to achieve a more innocent look (optional)
- Opt for dark brown mascara instead (Again, details MATTER)
- Apply natural eyeshadow to make your eyes look more pop up
- I DON’T recommend drawing the inner eyeliners as this makes the eyes appear to look smaller – See below
If you want to look more feminine, winged eyeliner is always the best choice!
It creates almost an almond eye shape, which is the opposite of most men’s eyes.
In fact, the power of eye makeup is not just by highlighting your eyes.
If you have a more masculine jawline, it can help to shift people’s attention from the face lining to the eyes.
With bigger eyes, it makes your face looks smaller by proportion as well.
For the best eyeliner color, you guessed it, dark brown or another kind of brown.
If you want to know more, this infographic from BUZZFEED is amazing!
Using white eyeliner for the undereye always makes your eyes appear slightly bigger with an aesthetic and refreshing look.
I don’t think many girls are doing this right now – and that means this is the chance for you to stand out from the crowd and SHINE!
To boost the effect of the darling “doll eyes”, add a tad of glitter to help open up the eyes even more!
If you enjoy this read, can I spare you 1 second to pin this pin below? In return, I’ll also update tips at the end of the month so keep this article fresh!
3. SOFTEN YOUR JAWLINE AND FACE LINING
While men have a longer, squarer chin, women usually have a round jawline.
While we can’t change our jawline (unless you want to go through surgery), we can always use easy easy contouring to soften our face lines and get a more feminine jawline!
In the picture above, you can see we always apply bronze to the hairline and jawline so as the minimize the squareness of cheeks and face overall.
In the meantime, we also want to shift people’s attention from the jawline to the areas like the forehead and chin!
If you want to level up your contouring game, you can always use an eyebrow pencil to fill and smoothen the hairline.
I know this tip sounds weird but as a girl with thin hair, this hack works wonders for me and I feel like my face line looks smoother.
And of course, Tom Ford’s shade and illuminate Cream Palette is unbeatable. The problem is some colors always sold out quickly.
Another reminder if you have a masculine jawline:
Avoid wearing a high-neck top as it just draws people’s eyes to your face and exaggerates the jawline even more. A feminine scoop neck or off-shoulder top can work wonders.
4. DO A PLUMPER ROUNDER LIP
Well, you don’t need a lip injection to achieve a plumper lip. No matter how big or small your lip is, it has its beauty already.
Still, if you want to enhance femininity, here are some stupid easy tricks.
- Draw the lip liner for a more divine and plumper lip shape
- Apply naturally red/ pink lipstick
- Add a little bit of highlight on the center of the lips
- Coat your lips with a thin layer of lip gloss
I know there are countless DIY ways to make your lips look plumper on youtube. Some tips actually can hurt if you aren’t doing them in the right way so I rather not recommend them here.
To me, I do think drawing a slightly bigger lip shape is more than enough to highlight the feature!
And when it comes to this point, the video below is THE BEST among all the tutorials I’ve watched. This YouTuber first showed a wrong example of outlining the lips and then a perfect way.
Watch now and see if you do in the right way!
5. PICK A FEMININE HAIRSTYLE THAT WORKS FOR YOUR FACE
Ladies, your hairstyle MATTERS.
If you have feminine facial features but somehow don’t look feminine, probably your hairstyle is too masculine and this balances out the femininity in your face.
While technically you can look feminine in both short and long hair, if you have a more square jawline, long hair can really hide the lining a lot!
Here are some hairstyle suggestions for different face shapes:
- Oval Shape: Basically everything!
- Square Shape: Long waves hair and avoid jaw-length bob
- Round Shape: Long hair with side parts and avoid bangs
- Long Shape: Long voluminous curls with bangs and avoid sleek ponytail
- Heart Shape: Curly/straight long hair and avoid Pixie cuts
With the right hairstyle, it can smoothen your face line and make your face looks more womanly!
As a round-face girl, I feel like I am a totally different person when I don’t do the bangs anymore – I hate to admit but I look SO MUCH BETTER.
By the way, if you are interested in how to look classy with short hair, you will love this article!
( ´ ▽ ` )ﾉ MY JUNE PICKS !! ʕ•̬͡•ʔ
(continue scrolling for the article!)
6. ALWAYS SHOW YOUR NECKLINE (ALWAYS)
Instead of hiding both sides of the jaw with long hair, magically, it looks better when you show one side of your neckline!
By tucking one side of the hair behind the ears, your face looks naturally smaller visually as the neckline draws people’s attention.
This also explains why we always look slimmer when we wear an off-shoulder dress than a round-neck top.
On top of that, the neckline is one of the most feminine spots among our body curves so it’s also flattering to show our neckline.
It’s a bit sexy but in a classy way, LOVE it.
Another way to contour face shape: wear longline earrings.
Not only it’s ultra feminine, the earring just makes your face appears to be smaller by comparison.
7. MAINTAIN A SMOOTH MOISTURIZING SKIN
Last but not least, let’s not forget our canvas – the skin!
Men tend to have rougher and drier skin with less trimming, that’s why smooth moisturizing skin is always feminine to look at.
Face skincare is a broad topic, without diving too deep, here are some basic simple tricks!
- Wear sunscreen every day (Even if it’s a rainy or a cloudy day) to prevent wrinkles and more skin problems – a total game changer
- Clean and moisturize your skin daily
- Do deep cleaning once or twice a month
- Eat less junk food and oily food to prevent acne (You are what you eat)
A good skin condition not only shows our femininity but also reflects how healthy we are.
Trust me, people can really tell if are you putting your life together just by how you take care of your appearance and body!
TOOLS YOU NEED TO ENHANCE YOUR FEMININITY:
- Benefit High Brow Glow Pencil ( Many girls are using this brand so I’m not gonna introduce it, but really, I LOVE the darling champagne-pink shade)
- Eyebrow / Facial Razor ( I’ve tried a few pricy brands but I just think the $4.99 one already works wonders for me)
- Dark brown mascara is always better than black ( For girls who wanna look good but without looking trying too hard)
- White eyeliner for the corner for the lower lid (For girls who wanna look slightly innocent)
- Natural Lips Enhancer ($9) (You’ll be pleasantly surprised with this little tool, but as a disclaimer, I don’t use it every day, I will use it before the first date lmao)
Sorry, not gonna recommend anything like the products that work for me may not work for you. But if you have super dry skin like me, I’d say give this product a go.
This is so random… BUT
hey ladies, why not quickly do an affirmation and feel instantly better?
This new year, I’m trying not only to share fashion tips but come up with ways to instill body positivity in all women who are reading my articles – aka YOU!
Instead of just reading it, say it loud or murmur the quotes (if you are in public) to maximize the effect.
Ready? Here we go.
I love my body. She is my forever home and sanctuary.
Sassy isn’t a shape, it’s an attitude.
Work out because I love my body – not because I hate it.
I can love myself and change my body at the same time. No guilt about that.
It is completely normal to have tummy rolls. I come to realize that social media isn’t showing the reality… at all.
My happiest moments in life had nothing to do with the way my body looked.
I don’t have to be pretty like her, I can be pretty like …ME.
I AM perfect imperfection.
What are your thoughts on that? I hope that makes you feel better (as you deserved).
Please help me pass the body positivity message in your community. #womenhelpwomen
Alright, now keep on reading!
7. Bonus tip: Phermone perfume!
Regardless of your facial features, you look attractive in your own way!
A side topic if you care the sexual attraction, this Pheromone perfume from Amazon is such a gem.
From THE HEALTHY, Pheromones do have effects on ourselves and on other people in close proximity and trigger the desire.
I bought this Pheromone perfume myself and all I can say is – it works for me and make me feel better!
Of course, these are not magic pills and from the Amazon reviews – seems female has more success with this unisex pheromone perfume compared to male!
If you think this article is useful, I’m pretty sure you will LOVE the tips I offer in the articles below – Check them out loves!
- How to fix a muffin top in jeans? 🤯Tip#10 is a wild one indeed!
- How to look PRETTY with a big nose? 11 real ways!
- How to dress if you have a big head? 10 instant ways!
- 9 shirts that make breasts look bigger & good (+Wt not)!
Click the shop link ONLY if you’re the goal-setter! Enjoy!!
So here are the 6 main ways when it comes to how to look more feminine in the face naturally! Let’s have a quick recap:
- Opt for thinner arched eyebrows
- Exaggerating the features of eyes
- Contour your face to soften the lining of your face
- Do a plumper, rounder lip
- Always show your neckline
- Maintain a smooth and moisturizing skin
What do you think about these tips? I hope you find these helpful!
When I was young, I always wondered why women look “prettier” after makeup but now I finally understand, all these makeup and beauty hacks are helping us to enhance our feminine face structure!
It’s really intriguing to me and I hope so do you!
Anyways ladies, whether you have a square face or round face, small eyes, or big eyes, we are all perfect imperfections. Of course, there’s nothing wrong to keep bettering ourselves.
But we always have to realize: We are all beautiful in our own ways! (Virtual Hug)
If you are interested in the topics like elegant and feminine outfit styles, here are some related reads! See you there!
- How to look feminine without makeup (Yes! We have more ways to express our femininity than the face! )
- 10 colors to make you instantly classy
- How to dress feminine in winter
If you don’t know this famous 36 questions to FALL IN LOVE questions by psychologist Arthur Aron, well, it’s time to LEVEL UP your game!
These specifically crafted questions can let you discover your date or partner in a way deeper level and spark the affection.
Don’t believe it? Try it out yourself ;’)
Check out THIS ARTICLE to FREE DOWNLOAD my two printables!! (Both card + question list)
Leave a comment