Ladies, let’s talk about how to look more feminine in the face! Yup, not just looking pretty but looking womanly with facial features!
This topic is quite intriguing to me and I’ve done some research regarding this topic.
It’s surprising to know there are countless factors that determine how feminine our face is going to look.
Despite the bone structures that we can’t change, we can always look more womanly with our faces with some makeup tips and tricks!
If you are ready, here are 6 tips on how to look more feminine in the face. Enjoy loves!
1. OPT FOR THINNER ARCHED EYEBROWS
While guys have thicker and straight eyebrows with a brow ridge that creates deeper shadows, women tend to have thinner and arched eyebrows.
So, here are some of the simple ways to achieve a pair of feminine eyebrows.
- Trim your eyebrows regularly
- Use a white eyeliner pencil or any highlighter to highlight the arches of your eyebrows
- Create softer eyebrows look by using more eyebrow powder instead of eyebrow pencils so as to avoid sharp lines
- Dye your eyebrows for a more gentle look
These are the rules in general but always work according to your own face!
If you have a prominent nose or black hair, dark eyebrows will suit you more as this can give the whole face a more united look.
So ladies, feel free to explore yourself and find the sweet spot!
2. EXAGGERATING THE EYE FEATURES
If I can only do makeup on just one feature, doubtlessly I will do my eyes!
When it comes to eye makeup products, have you realized that they all try to exaggerate your eye’s features like cartoon eyes?
The eyeliner, the eyelashes curler, and the glittering eyeshadows all help you to draw people’s attention to your eyes.
So yes, eye makeup is really effective to make your face look feminine instantly! Here are some basic ways to do it:
- Draw winged eyeliner
- Curl your eyelashes and apply an appropriate amount of mascara (Please don’t overdo it)
- Apply a small amount of mascara on the lower eyelashes to achieve a more innocent look (optional)
- Opt for dark brown mascara instead (I feel like no one talks about it…)
- Apply natural eyeshadow to make your eyes look more pop up
While drawing eyeliner is a great hack, I don’t recommend drawing the inner eyeliners as this makes the eyes appear to look smaller.
Added to this, if you want to attain a cute look, simple eyeliner like the left photo above is more than enough.
However, if you want to look more feminine, winged eyeliner is always the best choice! It creates almost an almond eye shape, which is the opposite of most men’s eyes.
In fact, the power of eye makeup is not just by highlighting your eyes.
If you have a more masculine jawline, it can help to shift people’s attention from the face lining to the eyes. With bigger eyes, it makes your face looks smaller by proportion as well.
So yes, if you are asking me how to make your face more feminine naturally without makeup, simply just curl your eyelashes!
3. SOFTEN YOUR JAWLINE AND FACE LINING
While men have a longer, squarer chin, women usually have a round jawline.
While we can’t change our jawline (unless you want to go through surgery), we can always use easy easy contouring to soften our face lines and get a more feminine jawline!
In the picture above, you can see we always apply bronze to the hairline and jawline so as the minimize the squareness of cheeks and face overall.
In the meantime, we also want to shift people’s attention from the jawline to the areas like the forehead and chin!
If you want to level up your contouring game, you can always use an eyebrow pencil to fill and smoothen the hairline.
As a girl with thin hair, this hack work wonders for me and I feel like my face line looks smoother. Try it!
And of course, Tom Ford’s shade and illuminate Cream Palette is unbeatable. The problem is some colors always sold out quickly. Check out HERE to Sephora for 20%off! (Code: YEARENDSALE)
4. DO A PLUMPER ROUNDER LIP
Well, you don’t need a lip injection to achieve a plumper lip. No matter how big or small your lip is, it has its beauty already.
Still, if you want to enhance femininity, here are some stupid easy tricks.
- Draw the lip liner for a more divine and plumper lip shape
- Apply naturally red/ pink lipstick
- Add a little bit of highlight on the center of the lips
- Coat your lips with a thin layer of lip gloss
I know there are countless DIY ways to make your lips look plumper on youtube. Some tips actually can hurt if you aren’t doing it in the right way so I rather not recommend them here.
To me, I do think drawing a slightly bigger lip shape is more than enough to highlight the feature!Less is more.
5. PICK A FEMININE HAIRSTYLE THAT WORKS FOR YOUR FACE
Ladies, your hairstyle MATTERS.
If you have feminine facial features but somehow don’t look feminine, probably your hair is too masculine and this balances out the femininity in your face.
While technically you can look feminine in both short and long hair, if you have a more square jawline, long hair can really hide the lining a lot!
Here are some hairstyle suggestions for different face shapes:
- Oval Shape: Basically everything!
- Square Shape: Long waves hair and avoid jaw-length bob
- Round Shape: Long hair with side parts and avoid bangs
- Long Shape: Long voluminous curls with bangs and avoid sleek ponytail
- Heart Shape: Curly/straight long hair and avoid Pixie cuts
With the right hairstyle, it can smoothen your face line and make your face looks more womanly! As a round-face girl, I feel like I am a totally different person when I don’t do the bangs anymore – I hate to admit but I look SO MUCH BETTER.
By the way, if you are interested in how to look classy with short hair, you will love this article!
( ´ ▽ ` )ﾉ MY JAN PICKS !! ʕ•̬͡•ʔ
(continue scrolling for the article!)
6. ALWAYS SHOW YOUR NECKLINE (ALWAYS)
Instead of hiding both sides of the jaw with long hair, magically, it looks better when you show one side of your neckline!
By tucking one side of the hair behind the ears, your face looks naturally smaller visually as the neckline draws people’s attention. This also explains why we always look slimmer when we wear an off-shoulder dress than a round-neck top.
On top of that, the neckline is one of the most feminine spots among our body curves so it’s also flattering to show our neckline.
It’s a bit sexy but in a classy way, LOVE.
7. MAINTAIN A SMOOTH MOISTURIZING SKIN
Last but not least, let’s not forget our canvas – the skin!
Men tend to have rougher and drier skin with less trimming, that’s why smooth moisturizing skin is always feminine to look at.
Face skincare is a broad topic, without diving too deep, here are some basic simple tricks!
- Wear sunscreen every day (Even it’s a rainy or a cloudy day) to prevent wrinkles and more skin problems
- Clean and moisturize your skin daily
- Do deep cleaning once or twice a month
- Eat less junk food and oily food to prevent acne (You are what you eat)
A good skin condition not only shows our femininity but also reflects how healthy we are.
Trust me, people can really tell are you putting your life together just by how you take care of your appearance and body!
TOOLS YOU NEED TO ENHANCE YOUR FEMININITY:
- Benefit High Brow Glow Pencil ( Many girls are using this brand so I’m not gonna introduce it, but really, I LOVE the darling champagne-pink shade)
- Eyebrow / Facial Razor ( I’ve tried a few pricy brands but I just think the $4.99 one already works wonders for me)
- Dark brown mascara is always better than black ( For girls who wanna look good but without looking trying too hard)
- White eyeliner for the corner for the lower lid (For girls who wanna look slightly innocent)
- Natural Lips Enhancer ($9) (You’ll be pleasantly surprised with this little tool, but as a disclaimer, I don’t use it every day, I will use it before the first date lmao)
Sorry, not gonna recommend anything like the products that work for me may not work for you. But if you have super dry skin like me, I’d say give this product a go.
For sexual attraction:
- Pheromone perfume – for magnificent sexual scent (Don’t judge ladies, I just wanna share what ACTUALLY works. Tried out a few brands but this one works best)
I hope you girls will appreciate my brutally honest tool list! Feel free to save this article or pin for later read.
Click the shop link ONLY if you’re the goal-setter! Enjoy!!
So here are the 6 main ways when it comes to how to look more feminine in the face naturally! Let’s have a quick recap:
- Opt for thinner arched eyebrows
- Exaggerating the features of eyes
- Contour your face to soften the lining of your face
- Do a plumper, rounder lip
- Always show your neckline
- Maintain a smooth and moisturizing skin
What do you think about these tips? I hope you find these helpful!
When I was young, I always wondered why women look “prettier” after makeup but now I finally understand, all these makeup and beauty hacks are helping us to enhance our feminine face structure!
It’s really intriguing to me and I hope so do you!
Anyways ladies, whether you have a square face or round face, small eyes, or big eyes, we are all perfect imperfections. Of course, there’s nothing wrong to keep bettering ourselves.
But we always have to realize: We are all beautiful in our own ways! (Virtual Hug)
If you are interested in the topics like elegant and feminine outfit styles, here are some related reads! See you there!