Getting ready for Coachella can be quite intimidating as everyone is bringing their A-game dressing for the fest. But relax ladies, I’ve got your back!
Whether you prefer a simple or dramatic ensemble, I get you covered. From romantic boho hippie style, artsy crochet looks to greek goddess ensemble, I’m pretty sure you will pick your favorite one!
That said, ahead are the 10 outfit combos (& two checklists in the end) if you wonder what to wear with Coachella and music festivals. Enjoy!
1. WEAR CROPPED TEE & SHORTS FOR COACHELLA
As the saying goes, less is more. For a minimalist girl, you can for sure stay chic even to the simplest outfit!
If you prefer a simple ensemble, a cropped top and denim shorts can work wonders for you.
For a dash of retro flares, throw on an 80s graphic front knot tee with acid wash jean shorts and vans just look perfect for an “I don’t give a damn” look.
To add the extra dose of spiciness, team the sports bra and cropped denim jacket that can never go wrong.
2. STAY UNIQUE WITH BOHEMIAN HIPPIE STYLE
As a perfect blend of romance, ethnic vibes, and creative freedom, boho style can never be out for style for music festivals.
So, ladies, it’s time to put on your wide beam hat, fringe bag, and vegan knee-high boots for a distinctive nature girl look.
And of course, you can’t finish off the look without a turquoise stone ring and layered feather necklace.
For a billowy silhouette, reach for an Aztec poncho to seal the deal.
3. OPT FOR SPARKLY SHEER DRESS FOR MUSIC FESTIVALS
Time for glam? You bet! It’s finally the time to dust off the sheer dress that you thought you will never have a chance to wear again for a dreamy goddess look.
Basically, you can wear whatever your want underneath the dress, whether that’s a sports bra, a lace camisole top with shorts, or a one-piece swimsuit, that’s just gonna look irresistibly ravishing.
To sculpt your silhouette, don’t forget to cinch your waist with a vintage belt.
You can never look too over the top in a music festival like Coachella and if you go for a sheer dress, pick the sparkle one!
4. EMBRACE ARTSY CROCHET DRESS
While it’s hard to stand out from the crowd in a music festival, with a colorful crochet dress, this look is sure to turn heads.
As a refreshing blend of a free spirit, artsy vibes, and environmental awareness, a vegan crochet dress is such a winning option for this year and probably years onwards.
To spruce up the look, throw yourself a wide beam hat and boho sunglasses that just works out perfectly.
If you think the big brand’s crochet dress is too commercial, don’t forget you can dig out some distinctive handmade pieces from Etsy! I got one from there and I get loads of compliments whenever I wear it. BIG LOVE.
5. DRESS ALL-WHITE LIKE A GREEK GODDESS
With the crowd who wear all striking neon and bright tones, showing up in a sleek dreamy white dress is how you grab people’s eyeballs even in the wildest party.
When it comes to the white monochrome look, there’s no better timing to try out the one-in-a-lifetime Ancient Greek goddess look.
Find yourself a white one-shoulder flowy midi dress and cinch your waist with a thin brown belt, this is such a refreshing outfit to look at.
If you want to take this killer look to another level, throw yourself a green-gold olive wreath and now you look impeccable.
6. GO FESTIVE WITH TIE-DYE SHIRTS
Figuring some cool things to do with your girlfriends before Coachella? What about DIY the tie-dye shirts together for some fun time?
To be honest, I was never a fan of tie-dye shirts as I just think the colors are too bold to deal with.
But now, I have to say the latest tie-dye shirts are really exceptional.
With the darling pastel hues and light shades, it just freshens up the playful look with a subtle tint of elegance.
A lilac tie-dye co-ord set? HELL YES.
7. GET A BILLOWY LOOK WITH KIMONO
Listen to my advice and you will thank me later: always bring outerwear with you for the festival.
While Coachella is super hot (89°) for the daytime, let’s not forget it’s in the desert area and the temperature can drop drastically at night to unseasonably 58°.
So yes, you better bring a poncho or kimono with you.
And if you want to make your poncho a statement piece, reach for the floor-length one for a diva look.
8. WHEN IN DOUBT, GO ALL BLACK
Can you wear black in Coachella? Absolutely!
To give the look a stylish twist, wear a black sports bra with a coordinated sheer top is how you give out spiciness in black.
If you want a dash of gothic romance, a black lace cape can never be too whimsical for the music fest.
9. WEAR WHATEVER YOU WANT AS A PLUS-SIZE LADY
You may want to roll your eyes now but my advice to all my curvy ladies is, wear WHATEVER you want.
I mean, it’s Coachella, and isn’t this the time to NOT give a damn on what people think and dress in what you truly love?
So let’s throw on your favorite bold hues and leopard print dress and look as fierce as ever.
If you really want something forgiving, I will always suggest a sheer cape overlay for a touch of coverage.
10. OPT FOR BOOTS & SNEAKERS FOR COACHELLA
When it comes to the footwear for Coachella, flip flops and high heels are a big Nono. Unless you are bringing them for photo-taking purposes, otherwise they shouldn’t exist on this fashionable fest at all.
As you will probably walk around the flat, grassy, and muddy grounds all day long, opt for something comfortable like chunky boots and platform sneakers that can never go wrong.
Last reminder, when in pain, go bare feet. (You won’t be the only one.)
11. GLAM UP YOUR LOOK WITH ACCESSORIES
A fancy outfit is definitely not enough for a fashionable fest like Coachella.
For a 10/10 look, you will need to accessorize and I mean LOADS. Since I won’t wear them often, I will just buy them from Amazon for a cheaper price. Read on to the checklist.
- Rhinestone Face Gems Sticker: Check out the price here
- Rhinestone Headbands: this one is perfect for the girls who want a goddess look, check out here
- Layered Choker Necklaces: This is a good investment as I can wear it anytime! Check out here.
I just picked the most iconic three items, less is more!
12. FINAL CHECKLIST FOR COACHELLA
- Shoe Gel insoles: Coachella is like a Marathon and you will thanks me later with this, check out here from Amazon
- Female urinary device: When you are in hurry but still have to wait for the long queues, this is the time you realize how wonderful this little tool is. It takes me some time to mentally accept it but turns out it’s my travel and camping BFF now! Check out here.
- Sunscreen (SPF 50 or higher)
- Water (bring yourself a BIG Bottle!)
- Portable Charger ( Don’t underestimate how many photos and videos you will take during the fest…)
❝ Want to look slimmer with 15 quick outfit tricks?❞ Get my FREEBIE PDF below! ✩
The fact is, you don’t know what you don’t know.
So ladies, here are the 10 outfit combos if you wonder what to wear with music festivals like Coachella! Let’s have a quick recap first.
- Cropped Tee & Shorts
- Bohemian hippie style
- Sparkly sheer dress
- Crochet dress
- All-white Greek goddess look
- Go festive with tie-dye shirts
- Get a billowy look with kimono
- When in doubt, go all black
- Opt for boots & sneakers
- Accessories, accessories, and accessories
If you are looking for more outfit ideas, feel free to check out the tips below!
- 7 tips on how to dress like a goddess [IN AN APPROACHABLE WAY]
- How to glow up overnight with clothes? 10 STUPID EASY WAYS TO LEVEL UP YOUR OUTLOOK!
- 16 real-life looks!* What to (really) wear to Essence festival?
- 【17+ outfit ideas 2022!】Conservative & *CHIC* rave outfits!
- [28 looks in 2022] what to wear with crochet jeans?