Is that just me, when I first heard the word “luncheon“, I was so confused.
What to wear to a luncheon? Wait a minute… what does luncheon even mean?
If you feel the same way, no worries ladies as you are definitely not alone.
In short, a luncheon is a (relatively) formal midday meal for a specific occasion, think a charity or bridal luncheon.
While dressing decent and classy is the bottom line, there’s no specific luncheon attire as there will be different outfit combos according to different occasions and venues.
That said, I’ve gathered 26 luncheon outfit ideas.
1. What to wear to a work networking luncheon? Smart casual
If you’re going to a business networking luncheon, your outfit goal is to dress to impress.
If you want to add a dash of style to the “standard professional” (aka boring) look, have the best bet on the feminine flared-leg pants.
If you pair it with the pointy pumps, it just looks effortlessly posh and makes you feel like a million bucks.
You know, presenting yourself as a high-class lady is really beneficial for the business lunch.
For other choices, pantsuits, blazers, blouses, and pencil skirts are failproof.
All you need is to instill some stylish elements here and there.
After all, that’s a networking lunch but not a formal conference!
You definitely want to look smart and decent but not super boring.
2. What to wear to a luncheon party with girlfriends?
As a girl with a food baby 24/7, a forgiving peplum top is my lifesaver.
Featuring the flared stripe of fabric around the waist, it just contours our figure perfectly and works wonders to hide the belly.
Another charm of the peplum top is it just levels up any kind of outfit.
Even if you pair it with plain black leggings, you can still look decent for the girlfriend’s luncheon party. Such a gem.
3. What to wear to a charity luncheon?
When it comes to charity luncheons, professional work attire is not required and it’s time for your styling prowess to SHINE.
Let’s play with bold hues and patterns to show you care about fashion and style.
In the meantime, you want to keep it classy so hot pants and mini skirts are the No-gos.
If you are attending the luncheon followed by the charity fashion show, feel free to spice up your look as I’m sure everyone is bringing their A-game!
4. What to wear to a graduation luncheon?
Different from all other luncheons, a graduate luncheon is meant to put the spotlight on the graduate instead of the guest.
So if you’re wearing a smoking hot pink bodycon dress that outshines everybody, you’re doing it wrong.
For a safe bet, keep it simple and decent with a nice shirt dress, or co-ord sets. Simple yet flattering.
5. What to wear to a luncheon at a country club?
Depending on the policies, the dress code of the country club may vary so you better check their individual website for the specific dress code.
But in general, you can think blouse, a midi skirt, an upscale dress, and chino pants for the appropriate country club outfits.
Many ladies wonder if can we wear a tee for the country club luncheon, I’d say switch it to the shirt with a collar for the safe bet.
Perhaps now it’s time to dig out your polo shirt for some updated looks.
Whether you team it with a midi skirt or wear the polo dress as a solo, it just looks casual yet insanely preppy.
6. What to wear to a luncheon at a country club in fall and winter?
For chilly days, layering up is key.
Pair up a sleek button-down with a fitted V-neck just look smart and will put you on the right track instantly.
For the bags, go for the structured handle bag or shoulder bag instead of a sloppy big tote.
If you’re a petite girl like me, try rolling up your sleeve – that can draw eyes vertically and help elongate your figure as a whole!
This is so random… BUT
7. What to wear to a memorial luncheon?
Comes as no surprise, we have to dress respectfully and decent for the memorial luncheon.
Unless there’s a specific dress code for the event, dark sophisticated hues like black, dark blue, and wine red are preferred.
Some ladies may wonder do we have to wear all-black for the memorial events, well, you don’t have to.
For example, a modest blouse and a midi pencil skirt can be another appropriate combo – simple yet elegant.
Slogan tee and graphic tee are not acceptable.
For footwear, closed-toe shoes like ballet flats and mules are failproof.
Avoid anything too casual from flip-flops to sandals if you don’t want to draw judgemental glances along your way.
8. What to wear to a wedding luncheon? Pastel hue
So here it comes my favorite luncheon- a wedding luncheon that is filled with dreamy decorations and good laughs with my girl pals.
Without a doubt, pastel hues just work wonders for that romantic vibes.
The only reminder is don’t wear anything too over the top like a full-length gown that will outshine the bride.
And if she is wearing white, you ain’t compete with her with the same hue. Don’t make this brutal mistake ladies!
9. What to wear to a bridal luncheon? Chiffon dress
If you’re looking for a billowy silhouette, a chiffon dress is such a popular choice for a bridal luncheon these days.
After filtering a ton of low-quality ones, I’ve handpicked two affordable yet stunning chiffon dresses from Amazon! Enjoy!
- Dress 1: Smocked Short Chiffon Dress – Check out HERE (The 3/4 Sleeve is a rare cut that can create a lengthening look! )
- Dress 2: The chiffon A-line dress – Check out HERE (If you want to look more sophisticated, you’ll love their elegant boat neck cut! The try-on photos look even more gorgeous!)
( ´ ▽ ` )ﾉ MY OCT PICKS !! ʕ•̬͡•ʔ
(Continue scrolling for the article!)
10. Jumpsuit as a versatile luncheon choice
Desperate for a last-minute luncheon outfit idea? Go for a jumpsuit.
All you need is to pair it up with the nice pumps and clutch and people will think you’ve given thought to your looks. Again, these are my Amazon handpicks for different types of ladies!
- Jumpsuit 1: Want to fake a nice body? You can’t go wrong with this off-shoulder, high waist Long jumpsuit. Again, if you have chubby cheeks, off-shoulder will look the best on you. Check out more HERE!
- Jumpsuit 2: This jumpsuit looks polished and professional – And very forgiving for a big bust! If you need an everyday jumpsuit, that’s the one – check out more HERE
11. What to NOT wear to a business work luncheon
Last but not the least, the final reminders.
Let’s talk about jeans.
Some people may think they can get away with the sophisticated hues – black and dark blue jeans for a business casual luncheon look.
But still, jeans are still regarded as casual wear so I’d say avoid them all to play safe.
As for a stylish oversized outfit, that’s a big no too.
So sorry ladies, an oversized blazer may not be the best luncheon look, a form-fitting one is.
12. Christmas luncheon outfit ideas
Last but not least, the highly requested Christmas luncheon outfit ideas look!
The unique inverted V cuts just elongate your legs in such a stylish way.
So ladies, here you go the 26 outfit ideas if you wonder what to wear to luncheon.
I hope this guide can get you inspired! Now let’s go and create your one-of-a-kind look!
By the way, if you love outfit inspo for parties and occasions, high chance you’ll love the read below!
See you there ladies!
- 27 looks for all seasons & occasions! What to wear for brunch?
- 28 fair outfit ideas *ALL styles*: What to wear to the carnival?
- How to dress sharply as a woman? 10 Tricks to look smart all the time!
- 7 outfits to wear to a meet and greet + survival tips!
- *8 outfits + hacks!* What to Wear to Networking Event?
- *8 outfit tips!* Trade Show Attire For Women